Hey, guys! Now with Thanksgiving coming up, I figured it was a good time to ask the food questions already. Well...not that everyone celebrates Thanksgiving, but we all enjoy some yummy cooking every once in a while. =)
Warning: answering these questions may make you very, very hungry!
1. You're having dinner with your family! Is it a home-cooked meal?
2. Name some of your favorite dinner dishes--home-cooked only, please.
3. What do you typically eat for breakfast? Just name some of your usual breakfast meals.
4. What about your lunch meals? Do they differ from your dinner dishes?
5. As a child, did you have to help out in the kitchen?
6. Did you drink anything with your meals? If so, what?
This could be alcohol, water, milk, Kool-Aid, a soft drink, etc.
7. In your family, is it acceptable to drink alcohol? Is it acceptable to drink it before 21? If so, how old is old enough?
8. After dinner, do you usually eat dessert? If so, what is a typical dessert dish?
9. What utensils do you use to eat?
Example: some Asian families only use chopsticks.
10. How did you learn how to cook (if you know)? Are there any recipes that are passed down in your family?
11. Name some typical side dishes.
Example: corn, rice, baked potato, etc.
That's all I have! Please answer these questions so that I may write a blog about cultural differences in food. =) I'll probably be doing a bit of research in addition to the answers I get. Speaking of which, the dating/marriage post is on the way! I recently did some research on dating traditions among Middle Eastern Asian cultures, and I thought it was really interesting. I'll see if I can get enough information to share with you all.
Also, I just wanted to give an update about my boyfriend. He's still in the hospital because he caught a bad case of pneumonia. =( It's really not good, considering he's trying to recover from a heart attack and is coughing badly. Fortunately, they did a lot of E.K.G.s and such, and he has very minimal heart damage. As long as he goes to rehab and takes his medicine, he should be able to make a full recovery in a few months.
Hooray! Thank you all for your kind wishes. =)